A google hangout alternative for 2020
Webinars are a very powerful way that you can engage with large groups of people remotely, from nearly any location in the world. There are many different ways you can use them to benefit your business, you may find them especially useful if you wish to present your sales proposition to groups of people, provide training, coach remotely or address multiple people at once for any other reason you can think of.
Some of the reasons why you might choose to use a webinar include the following:
- Engage your audience – get this right via a webinar and you will build rapport & relationships with your viewers.
- Show your expertise – the ideal platform to show your authority and position yourself as the go-to person in your market.
- Be proactive – don’t just sit around waiting for something to happen; set up your webinar, invite people to join, drive the desired action. Webinars have the potential for a quick return on investment.
- Deliver your sales proposition/training or coaching – to multiple people at a time, a repeatable process, especially if using pre-recorded content.
- A fast return on investment – Real-time activity, generate feedback/sales/leads for your business instantly.
There are some great paid services out there, including Zoom and more besides. But what if your budget is tight, or you don’t want to be restricted to someone else platform. Previously it was relatively easy to use Google hangouts to host webinars for free, sadly this program was retired some years ago. A client recently asked me to set them up a webinar that could be delivered via their WordPress site, I am pleased to tell you that this is still achievable, using a free plugin and Youtube Live 🙂 Happy days.
Note this walkthrough is just for WordPress, although you can use Youtube Live on any other platform.
There is a paid version of this plugin, which adds a lot of extra features, if you need them I would advise purchasing this plugin, contact us as we may invest in a multiuse developer license if there is enough interest.
This is really just scratching the surface of what you could do with webinars, there is no limit to what could be achieved especially if you use something like OBS Studio to use external cameras or multi-cam setups, intro green screens and animated backgrounds, etc…
As always hit us up if you would like to chat about anything we have covered in this blog…